Monday, July 7, 2008

its been a week, and yet...

A week has gone by...not a day passed, without me thinking of him. I know i have to let go...but i just cant stop the tears that well my eyes when i drive to work, or the tears that well my eyes suddenly when im at work. Its not like im depressed or moaning my loss or anything like that. i can laugh, and joke and have fun and all...but somehow, suddenly my eyes tear.

I think i havent come to terms with his demise. I called my aunt up, to check how she was, and how our babies were. My lil cousin, Manish, did the cremation for his father. At the tender age of 5, my lil Manish picked up the remains of my uncle and put it away in a jar...according to my aunt, Manish told her, he saw his acha fly up, and when he asked acha where he was going, acha told him, the other lil boy in the sky didnt have an acha. So Manish gave his acha to the other lil boy in the sky.

How we were shocked to hear lil Manish who seldom talks, tell us what his acha told him. On another occasion, our lil girl, Sharaneya, stops playing, looks at the photograph of my uncle, and says, acha is here with us...he is watching me play.....freaky? No, i believe its true. Its the innocence...

My uncle was a man who celebrated life. Never one to dwell on the past and live in regrets, although he's had his share of problems. He was full of wit and always got away with words. He could difuse a tense situation just by saying something so funny, that everyone would forget what the tension was all about..that was Unni Chetta.

Part of me doesnt want to let him go. Im scared ill forget him. Im scared ill forget all the good memories with him. Im scared ill lose touch with everything unni-iey. He is so dear, that i cant imagine not having him around to bug. We were supposed to make a swap in June...he takes my computer, and i take his kelisa. I got the better end of the bargain, but he insisted he did. It was gonna be my computer that he will use to teach Manish and Sharaneya.

I dont know how to let go. I dont want to let go? I want him to stay with us forever. I want to be selfish. I pray that he will come back into our family, and our paths will cross in all our next lives. I cannot lose him. He has to be part of our lives in spirit. He just has to. 26.02.08.

Picture_063P1010065_1Picture_037_2

No comments: