Monday, July 7, 2008

The weekend that was...

Aaahhh...what a fruitful weekend! After not having a life for the past few months; kononya studying kan...but we all know how much of that i actually did! :> i think i simply went beserk this weekend! Came home from work on thursday to find out my uncle and his family would be spending friday and saturday night with us before going back to KL. Knowing so well that my aunty-in-law has never really had the chance to loaf around penang, i quickly arranged for a ladies night out with another aunty on friday, and got daddy dearest to babysit the kids! Hence the begining of my fantastic weekend! we ladies drove up to batu feringghi around 930pm, had a quick dinner, and started our market walk..haha...yes, the ever so famous batu feringghi night walk was definately something we all enjoyed...cracking jokes and laughing like a bunch of lunatics....i could tell both my aunties hadn't had this much fun for sometime! :> Can't blame them...they are dedicated career moms who always put their family first. We came home close to midnight that day, and continued chatting till nearly 1am. Unable to fall asleep, i went online for awhile, and then dozed off about 4am.

Saturday. The plan was to get up at 7am, and take aunty in-law to the famous Jelutong market...the market i spent my childhood clothes shopping in, simply because my mom thinks that markets are a good place to buy kids clothes, as kids are messy beings, who grow taller and wider everyday, and so, do not need expensive, branded wear investments...and honestly, having been official babysitter for my 3 devils, and many of my other cousins, i have begun to realise the truth in that thought! I get up at 7am, and the whole house is dead...so, my natural instinct is to join the dead right? ;> Suddenly, at 830am...dad's booming voice wakes me up, telling me im late and he goes on to give me the whole early to bed, early to rise, mumbo jumbo la...thankfully, aunty in-law comes to the rescue and tells him the plans changed while i was dead...the new plan is for him and her husband (my dearest uncle) to babysit the kids again, and we gals, take off for some shopping at the famous Chowrasta market...different market la this one...bigger, better, further...and so, 10am...we ladies scoot off to penang road...i tell you..seriously, what is it with women and shopping la??? Both my aunts literally went gila in Chowrasta market..and though not a shopping person myself, i must say, i was pretty amazed at the prices there! I ended up getting a nice batik skirt and halter neck blouse for my cousin...kononya to initiate her into teenagehood...and another cool raggae top for another cousin, as initiation into teen youth-hood :> After 3 hours of shopping we ended it by slurrrrpping penang's best ais kachang & chendol in that stall at the tiny weeny lane off penang road? Then sent my aunts off to yet another aunts place for lunch while i rushed back with lunch for dad.

Saturday afternoon. Some of you may already know the story of double P, well, after months of giving excuses and backing out from attempted dates by him, i finally gave in! Well, actually it all happened coincidently...he had called asking me out for a play, and since i was already going for it with a bunch of frens,and i had an extra free ticket, i actually invited him to join us! :> I thought nothing of it, until i realised that evening, how serious he took the invitation! The man actually dressed up, cleared his car so that he could pick my frens and i up, and came at 745pm on the dot! That kinda freaked me out, cos there was a last min change in the plan, and my frens said they would meet us there. Anyway, we met them and surprisingly, doubleP actually blended in pretty well! Now this is one side of doubleP i have NEVER seen...or maybe i was to paranoid to notice? In fact, all through the play, and dinner later, he captured the attention of all the ladies!!! And i mean all of us!!! I mean, this bunch of frens are into music, and the performing arts and all...but i never thought doubleP would be so well read about these things! My, my, hidden talents unveiled...and took me by surprise! After the play, we proceeded for dinner. We had a jolly good time chatting at Edelweiss...which btw ran overtime till we got chased out from the cafe...by aunty Theresa :> who was a gem cos she joined us in our chatting session as well! Oh ya, let me do a bit of promo for aunty theresa...she runs this cafe called Edelweiss which has damn good banana split with irish ice cream, and other delicious desserts...usually open till 10pm, but for us...an exception! :> haha...ok ok....after that was over, doubleP sent me home...and he had to take the longest possible route that ever existed...first, the bank.next baskin robbins ice cream...then, drove all the way back to island glades, from pulau tikus, by driving into georgetown again, and then back to scotland road and then finally greenlane!!!

DoubleP...hhhmmm...some of you have met him, and are pestering me to give him a chance...my sister being the No.1 PEST...but common la...we are two worlds apart! The only thing about music that interest me, would be singing hymns, and english oldies and maybe picking up the flute/guitar. Interest ends there. But he....he lives for music...i have heard him play, and he is damn good! When he plays, there is this intensity you can see...its as if he is playing out his feelings, his joys, his sorrows...music is like a communication toolkit for him...an avenue he expresses himself..and honestly, i have never seen anyone playing so passionately! So anyway, i think for now, doubleP and i should just remain platonic frens...i mean, i hardly know the guy...and there are lots more to learn about him, his culture, his religion, his language! What better way to learn about a person, than by being his/her fren, right?

Sunday. The day started out slow...uncle and aunty and kids all left in the wee hours of 4am..so house was quiet, with a fat lot of cleaning up to do, as kids being kids, had messed up my teddy bear collection, and my darling teddies were all over the place...sob!sob! Having cleared everything, and done some house keeping, i laid my butt to rest with the papers. I had got 4 free tickets to watch a ballroom dance competition tonight, and had planned to go for it with some frens who were down from KL. Unfortunately, at 3pm, these people decide that ballroom dancing would be a bore...how utterly untrue...but anyway, the plan changed and we decided to go hiking in botannicals and then to the batu feringghi night market (again!) for dinner. So, yours truly had to forgoe ballroom dancing for hiking..thank god i love hiking...so either way, i was happy! Had yet another gala night of chatting, joking, and fooling around.

Now that i am home and reminiscing the events of the past few days...i realised how much i had missed my life, on the pretext of finishing up my studies! I mean, whatever happened to balance??? My temple kids, my rose kids, hiking, plays, movies, loafing by the beach with a book/magazine, cathcing up with fresn over a cuppa...i stopped all these activities wanting to concentrate on my books, and now that its all hopefully, over, i realised that i missed out quite a bit! But i guess no point regretting...the thing to do, is to get back on my feet and move on huh? :> Life is what i make of it...and i sure as hell am gonna make mine a book worth reading! :>

27 November 2005

No comments: